Saturday 18 February 2012

BIRDS OF A FEATHER.




You can tell that I like birds quite a bit. I like to watch them, I like to wear prints featuring them, I like to draw them, and I like to blog on a blog called 'babybirdblog'! You can imagine my excitement when I first saw feather hair extensions popping up on the internet. What an amazing way to accessorise your hair!



When I found these little feathered wonders I was dying to add something different to my hair. I had thought of dying, but I didn't much like the thought of extensive bleaching and repeated colouring to get the effect I wanted. Feather extensions offered me the perfect alternative - a splash of colour without damaging my hair! I sourced mine from the wonderful Feather Ray - a London based feather-extension boutique who are currently pride of place in Oxford Circus's Topshop.

The feathers are natural, dyed to a number of beautiful colours, patterns and shades, which you can check out on Feather Ray's shop, and are held in place by little silicone rings which are threaded into the hair along with the feathers and squeezed (by pliers) to crimp them into place. They're also very easily removed (when - or should I say if - you want to remove them) by squeezing the ring the opposite direction to open it back up again. They can be washed, dried, straightened and curled with your own hair, so they're incredibly versatile too!




I bought my first set (the Rainbow Festival Mix) back in September and had them in place from then til mid December, when I took them out in hope of getting my hair cut and dyed. The feathers are more or less as good as new, despite frequent washing, blow-drying, straightening and curling, and I've even recycled the older ones back in again with the new ones I had purchased (2x Tequila Sunset + 1 Autumn Blues Mix) - which are absolutely stunning! I'm in love with the turquoise colours.


I'm in love with my feathers - they're pretty unique and add something a little special to my hair. I can't see me taking out these ones until it's time to chop my hair again, and I can almost guarantee that i'll be replacing them soon afterwards. Highly recommended!

Check Feather Ray out on facebook + twitter

love, Jessica

6 comments:

  1. i have just ordered some of these! do you use product like leave in conditioner etc. on your hair? do you think it would make them go funny? x

    http://wisechildrenblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this, they look sooo cute! May have to get some for myself!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so cool x

    http://ambershabits.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really liking the featers in your hair. I really gives a unique touch x
    http://julieswonderworld.com/

    ReplyDelete