Saturday 18 February 2012

CHOICE NOTES.


Yeah, I know, I did it again! Good intentions do indeed pave the way to hell, as they say. I had the very best of them to keep everything running smoothly, but unfortunately a few ill-timed assignments have kept me too busy for editing photos and writing posts. I still managed to snap a few photos along the way - and I've posted up a few WIWT instagrams over on my tumblr - check it out for slightly more regular updates!


These photos are from around 3 weeks ago when my hair got a well overdue makeover. My highlights had grown out, it was a little bedraggled and the split ends were becoming an endless distraction for me, and it had been begging to be chopped and coloured since before christmas. Finally, with the exams and placement over, I took advantage of a free afternoon and got it sorted.


 
Sheer cream blouse - River Island
High-waist denim shorts - Topshop
Super-cosy tights - Primark
Moccasins - Minnetonka
Wine coloured bowler - UO
Brown leather belt - Topshop
Tortoishell doe necklace - H+M


So happy with the results, and still loving it! I had the ends lightened considerably and a few more blonde foils put in so it's less highlighted and more ombre. I know that several beauty blogs have claimed that ombre is 'over' but I guess I'm not just there yet, haha! It's a great colour option for darker haired girls, because when it's done right, it gives a lot of depth to the hair and of course, is easy to maintain and a lot cheaper than getting a full head of highlights. I definitely recommend going to a stylist though - some of the home-grown attempts I've seen on tumblr make me wince, usually the dyed hair looks totally burnt out by bleach. Poor hair!

I'm still listening to Gotye, at least once a day! Somebody I used to know is becoming a little bit of an anthem in my house in Belfast because we all love it so much. It's a regular on our dish-washing soundtrack. This week I've been enjoying tunes from the ATG Spring Mixtape (2011). Here's one of my favourite tracks, hope you enjoy!



love, Jessica

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog, and I LOVE your fashion sense, especially what you're wearing in this post!

    I'm new to blogging and looking to make some new blogger friends in the blogging community haha, come check out my blog if you'd like to be friends!

    Again, love the post, can't wait for more!

    http://www.chontellelouise.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete