Monday 18 July 2011

IN THE BACKYARD.


 
Last week I took advantage of the good weather to don something summery and take a few photos to make sure I'd have something concrete to upload this week - and it's a good job I did - the weather has taken it upon itself to flip the calendar forward by about 4 months. Rain, wind, and most un-July like temperatures have taken hold for now.



Straw boater - Primark
Striped T - H&M
Floral culottes - Next
Thigh high socks - Primark
Plaited T-bar pumps - Topshop
Bird Necklace - Accessorise

A lot of this stuff has been hanging around in my wardrobe for a while - the culottes were bought around Easter last year pre-holiday, the pumps are from Topshop's winter sale and the necklace was my birthday present to myself in February. The striped T was a recent addition and it's so comfy and awesome I've found myself reaching for it a lot over the past few weeks. I love mixing different patterns, particularly stripes with florals, and shorts and a tshirt is a go to combination for me, so this is a pretty typical outfit!

I'm hoping the weather will clear back up again, or at least stay dry over next weekend, because (I'm excited to say) I'm going to be attending my first ever Glasgowbury!

It's a local festival, held at Eagles Rock outside Draperstown, which showcases some of the best acts and the best up and comers in local music. To tell the truth, in regards to local music my knowledge is a bit lacklustre, so I'm relishing the opportunity to introduce myself properly to some of the talent there is out there. Having said that, I'm particularly excited to see Wonder Villains who supported a Casiotone For The Painfully Alone gig I attended towards the end of last year! Check them out if you have a chance.

Tomorrow, check back for my musical recommendation for this week! Yay!

love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment