Saturday 13 August 2011

BITTERSWEET.



So after we went to see Super 8 I bought some ingredients to make a cheesecake! Again, I used the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook for guidance, going for the New York style cheesecake with added Crunchie!








It was all going very well, the mixture tasted good, my bases were baked and cooled, and after baking the cheesecake it was looking good! My cake tin was about an inch too small, so I decided to fill a few ramekins and make individual portions with the excess.







..and, it's a good job that I did! I left the cheescake to cool and set overnight in the fridge, and we ate the mini cakes that night (they were really yummy!), and the next day, when I was really looking forward to a slice of cheesecake, and I took it out of the tin and slice it, it collapsed in the middle. Collapsed! It hadn't set at all in the centre and was impossible to slice and so on, so it ended up mostly in the bin.






It was an upsetting time for me! I'd recommend that if you've got the book and you fancy making a cheesecake, get yourself a few ramekins and only make small portions! Good luck!

love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment